1. Various types and choices of car wax
At present, there are many types of car waxes on the market, both solid and liquid, high-end and mid-range, and domestic and imported options. Due to the different performance of various car waxes, their effects are not the same, so you must be careful when selecting, improper selection will not only protect the car body, but will cause the car paint to change color. In general, it should be comprehensively considered based on the characteristics of the car wax, the new and old of the vehicle, the color of the car paint, and the driving environment. For premium cars, high-grade car waxes can be used; new cars are best coated with light wax to protect the gloss and color of the car body; UV-resistant car waxes should be used in summer; and resin waxes with outstanding protection are more suitable in poor driving environments. ; For ordinary vehicles, use ordinary pearl or metal paint series car wax. Of course, when choosing car wax, you must also consider the color of the car paint. Generally, dark car paints use black, red, and green car waxes, and light car paints use silver, white, and pearl car waxes.
2, car waxing matters needing attention
(1) Do not wax new cars casually. It is not advisable to wax a car after someone buys it back. Because the new car has a layer of protective wax on the paint layer, premature waxing will instead remove the original wax on the surface of the new car, causing unnecessary waste. Generally, it is not necessary to rush to wax the new car within five months.
(2) Master the waxing frequency. Due to different driving environments and parking places, the waxing interval should be different. Generally, there are parking garages, and more vehicles driving on good roads are waxed every 3-4 months; vehicles parked in the open air are best waxed every 2-3 months due to wind and rain. Of course, this is not a rigid rule. Generally, when the body is not smooth when you touch it with your hand, you can wax it again.
(3) It is best to wash the dirt and dust on the exterior of the car body with car wash water before waxing. Remember not to use detergent and soapy water blindly, because the sodium chloride content contained in it will attack the body paint layer, wax film and rubber parts, making the car paint dull and the rubber parts aging. If there is no special car wash water, you can use clean water to clean the car, dry the car body and then wax it.
(4) The car should be waxed in a cool place to ensure that the car body does not generate heat. Because with the increase of temperature, the adhesion of car wax becomes worse, which will affect the waxing quality.
(5) When waxing, apply an appropriate amount of car wax with a sponge block and apply it back and forth in a straight line on the car body. Do not place the wax liquid on the car and apply it in a circle. Do not stop the operation once. Stop; generally use 5-10min to polish with a new towel after the wax layer is evenly applied, but the fast car wax should be polished while being coated.
(6) After the body is waxed, some car wax will remain in the gaps in the lights, license plates, doors, luggage compartments, etc., making the body look unsightly. If the wax scale in these places is not wiped off in time, it may also cause rust. Therefore, the wax scale must be completely removed after waxing, so as to obtain the perfect waxing effect.